Friday, October 12, 2012

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man..."  Hello lovelies! Can I just tell you guys how obsessed I am with this magnificent show? I remember watching a few episodes on Syfy when I was much younger and I've been in love ever since. Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm the reincarnate of Rod Serling (just kidding, as if I could ever be that awesome). 

What I love the most about the Twilight Zone is that it's so relatable. Sure it's predominately a science fiction show, but it offers so much more than just bizarre story lines. It deals with real human emotions that we all experience at some time in our lives such as loneliness, fear, nostalgia, and despair. Many episodes also dealt with important issues in society, such as racism (which unfortunately wasn't so openly criticized at the time).

"Joey Crown, who makes music, and who discovered something about life; that it can be rich and rewarding and full of beauty, just like the music he played, if a person would only pause to look and to listen. Joey Crown, who got his clue in the Twilight Zone."
"Mr. Booth Templeton, who shared with most human beings the hunger to recapture the past moments, the ones that soften with the years. But in his case, the characters of his past blocked him and sent him back to his own time, which is where we find him today. Mr. Booth Templeton, who had a round-trip ticket - into the Twilight Zone."

I have to say that my favorite episodes are always the heartwarming ~I need to go curl up and cry~ ones. I'm probably the most nostalgic person in the entire world, so the episode "Walking Distance" especially strikes a chord with me. I know I'm not the only one out there who's infatuated with this show though! I want to hear from fellow fans, what are some of ya'lls favorite episodes? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment