Thursday, March 6, 2014

current obsessions

BOMB GIRLS. I just can't get enough of this show! I'm absolutely in love with Betty, Kate, Marco, and Gladys. Not to mention the wardrobe for the show is just beautiful. Almost makes me wish I was alive in the 1940's. 
I can't get enough of telephone purses, which were popular in the 1940's and 50's. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get one for my 21st birthday!
I have been obsessed with the Titanic ever since I read Polar the Titanic Bear as a young child. I guess I've always been a history nerd, ha! Anyways, there is currently an amazing documentary on Netflix that explores the ship's last few hours. Highly recommended if you're in the mood for a doc!
Who else is counting down the days until True Detective's season finale? I can't even remember the last time I was so invested in a TV show, this series is truly incredible. 





Blue Hawaii is just pure visual stimulation. If I had a time machine, I think I'd immediately transport myself to Hawaii circa 1950/60. My grandpa was actually stationed at Schofield Barracks around 1954. I guess my romantic view of Hawaii has stemmed from growing up on his military tall tales.
I recently started collecting bakelite, which is an early plastic that was popular from the 1920's-50's. I have a few bangles so far and a beautiful fruit necklace, I'll share a picture soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment