Tuesday, April 10, 2012

spring haul & reviews

Hello lovlies! So I recently bought  some beauty products and I thought I'd do reviews for all of them!

Eos Honeydew Melon Lipbalm
I'm going to be completely honest here- I bought this Eos lipbalm solely because of its adorable design. But not only is it completely adorable, it's so easy to find in my giant cluttered purse due to its amazing, slightly awkward egg shape. It also smells and tastes heavenly. Unfortunately, it is not moisturizing at all. Not only that, but it leaves a weird waxy residue on my lips whenever I use it. Great design, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  

Jason Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that can be used to treat acne, dandruff, bug bites,  and to help heal wounds. I've been having a lot of breakouts recently, so I wanted to see if this would help my skin without completely drying it out. Every night before bed, I rub a few drops of this onto my face. The smell is awful and will take some time to get used to! The oil also has a slight stinging sensation, which may upset sensitive skin. I have only been using this product for a week, but it seems to be working well! I haven't had any big zits pop out of nowhere, which is obviously a good thing. The biggest downside to this product is the price (it's almost $13 at Walgreens, yikes!), so I suggest looking around or online for the cheapest price. 

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner
Let me start off by saying I am NOT adventurous when it comes to makeup! I almost always wear my trusty Wet 'n Wild liquid eyeliner, which is super cheap and in my opinion, a great product. For whatever reason though, I decided to buy this Maybelline Gel Eyeliner during my last trip to Ulta. I'm not sure if I'm just bad at applying this or what, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of this eyeliner. I had a hard time doing a precise cateye with the brush and it looked so smudgy, ugh! I will say that it seems to be a fantastic eyeliner for your tear duct area (what the hell is it even called???). It stays on pretty well and goes on jet black. I believe this product is also waterproof, which is awesome if you're a freak like my and constantly smear your eyeliner thanks to your overly watery eyes. 

Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask
This mask is fucking awesome, plain and simple. The bottle claims, "This super-cleansing detox mask cleanses impurities for a clearer, brighter complexion. The energy of the orange recharges, while sea salt cleanses and bergamot balances. Your face will notice the difference." It smells great, leaves my skin feeling soft, and does not irritate it at all. You know I don't even know if I'm imagining this, but I really do feel like my skin is brighter after I use it. Don't take my word for it though, try it out for yourself! ;) 

Eos Shaving Cream - Pomegranate Raspberry (far left)
Shaving is probably my least favourite thing in the world. This is probably tmi, but I always seem to get razor burn, ingrown hairs, and I can never get a close shave. I feel like my legs will forever be perpetually stubbly. While this shaving cream doesn't necessarily help with any of that, it still makes the experience a little better. The consistency reminds me of lotion and it's super moisturizing. It also smells fantastic and doesn't irritate my skin at all. The only con is that the shaving cream tends to clog up the razor rather quickly since the consistency is thick. 

Moroccan Argan Oil Deep Conditioner 
I'm pretty sure I have the driest hair in the universe. I have been dying it for years, which I suppose has fucked it up beyond all repair. This deep conditioner didn't magically transform my straw like hair to luscious golden locks, but it did feel a little softer after I used it. I've used my fair share of deep conditioners and I gotta say, this one smells the best. I'm not even kidding, it's one of my favourite smells. If you have dry hair, don't hesitate to try this product out! I also recommend using it with...

...This. Morroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil. I bought it a while ago, but I recently started using it. I put a small amount onto my hair while it's damp and blow dry it straight. It makes my hair so shiny and soft, which is basically a miracle. I also hear that it works well for African-American and bleached hair! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment